Pinging an IP address allows you to control the quality of a network connection, the main criteria for evaluating which are speed and stability. Moreover, you can check the ping of any Host (network node): a physical computer or a virtual host in TCP / IP networks. To solve this problem, you can use the online service on our website. It allows you to check the quality of a communication site by IP address (including your home or office computer) or domain name (checking a site located on a remote server).
You can check ping through our online service an unlimited number of times. Ping checks are free.
Why should you ping an IP address?
By checking the ping of the IP address to the server, you can check the quality of the network connection.
After checking the ping through our online service, you will find out the following data:
- the amount of data sent and received (in bytes);
- time delay between request and response (in ms);
- frequency of data packet loss (in % from 0 to 100).
Ping checks using these parameters will help to fairly accurately assess the speed and stability of the signal along the client-server route, the load of data transmission channels and intermediate links (physical network devices: routers, conventional and proxy servers and other nodes in the network of fiber-optic cables, which are global the Internet).
Requests sent over the ICMP network protocol are part of the TCP / IP protocol stack (set). If there is no response (100% packet loss or Host seems down), then some of the intermediate nodes or the end server ignores / blocks pings.
A very important point is proxy ping . Since a proxy server in most cases is needed for work (scraping keywords, working with various platforms and applications, to collect data from search engines) or a comfortable network game, the user wants to get a good speed and stable connection without “brakes and freezes". Ping measurement allows you to verify and control the connection speed through a proxy.
Measuring ping of an IP address or host makes it possible to find out:
- speed of data transmission over a communication channel (including with an intermediate proxy server);
- the quality of the communication channel in the TCP / IP network (the data will be accurate only if the ICMP protocol is not blocked and has a sufficiently high priority);
- IP address and geolocation of the physical site server by domain name (or domain by ip, if there is one site at the address);
- operability of the remote node (for example, the server on which the hosting is located);
- availability of a remote server (including when changing and configuring DNS);
- presence of blocking of domain names (sometimes a firewall can blacklist an IP address due to a false alarm;
- also the domain can be blocked by the local or regional provider).
IP ping check is a handy tool for assessing the quality of communication, and also the main diagnostic tool for the Internet and local area networks. Below we will explain in detail how to check the ping. You just have to follow simple instructions.
How to check the ping to the server online
You can check the ping to the server directly on the Internet. You don’t need to download anything for this. You have the opportunity to perform an online ping check through the service on our website.
To learn how to ping online, follow these instructions:
- Scroll up this web page to the interface of our online service.
- To start the online ping check, enter the IP address or hostname in the corresponding field. You can also click “Insert my IP address" so that the service will automatically detect your IP address and automatically enter its data into the required line.
- Select the number of test packets to test ping online.
- Click the button to start the online ping test.
- After a few seconds, you will see the results on the screen.
Now you know how to check ping. On the basis of the data obtained, it will be possible to understand the level of quality of the Internet connection and draw appropriate conclusions for further work. Knowing how ping is checked, you can at any time get accurate information about the status of the tested IPs.
On our website you can also purchase high-speed private proxies for solving personal and professional tasks on the Internet. Before purchasing, you can measure the ping of selected proxy servers in order to understand whether they are suitable for you or not.