|Where are you from||unknown, unknown|
As you can see, quite detailed information is provided by IP.
When connected to the Internet, the computer is assigned a number called IP (Internet Protocol Address). It should be noted that the assignment is not arbitrary, but the IP that is available to the provider and is free. IP changes after disconnecting when reconnecting. These IPs are called dynamic. If you want it to be unchanged, contact your ISP. Usually, non-dynamic is available for a fee. It is also called external. It is often tracked by specialized online programs, determining the accompanying information about the owner. Internal IP or local is called the individual address of a PC (laptop) in a local network.
Why is it necessary to know your IP online?
Finding out your IP is quite simple – information about the access point is stored both in the computer and in the browser. However, if the user’s provider uses dynamic IP, that is, the identifier value is assigned to the user immediately at the time of going online, then the digital designation of the IP address will change every time you go online.
Therefore, a more reasonable method to find out the IP is to use a special service called a proxy checker, for example, as on this site. Using this service, the user receives the exact IP at a given time, that is, even if the provider uses dynamic addresses, the checker will directly display the IP that was used to enter the site.
Finding the IP can be useful for two reasons:
- For security purposes – the IP address provides not only links to websites, but also provides a clear orientation of the user’s location. Knowing and being able to hide his IP-address, the user increases the safety of personal information;
- For work – visiting prohibited sites or working with a large amount of information (for example, web scraping) requires the ability not only to determine my ip-address, but also to hide it successfully, otherwise the administrators of the web resource may block access.
If the user is visited by the thought that my IP is not interesting to anyone, then he is deeply mistaken. Knowing the Internet address, a hacker can get through the browser to the computer data and turn it into a “bot”. He will also be able to use the logins and passwords saved there to obtain personal information or banal theft of money from an electronic account. Therefore, thinking about how to find out your IP address, a person makes the first step towards the quiet use of Internet resources without the risk of losing important data at one point.
What types of IP exist?
There are two types of IP addresses: local and network. A local IP will allow you to locate a computer on your home network, and network addresses are used to access the Internet. Network IPs are divided into 2 types:
- Dynamic – Internet addresses of the 4th generation, that is, consisting exclusively of numbers, are gradually coming to an end, so providers use dynamic IPs. The meaning of this approach is to prioritize the use of IP as needed, so each time a person goes online, a person sees different numbers;
- Static – individual providers assign each registered user their own IP-address, which remains unchanged, regardless of the selected time of access to the Internet. A static IP is potentially less secure, but it is more convenient when you are constantly connected to the same sites.
Change of main IP address
Having satisfied the desire to check the IP using our service, a person usually thinks about the question of replacing the main IP address. The easiest and most reliable way to change your internet address is to use a proxy server. Such a server will become a transshipment base, the address of which will be used to connect to websites, while the user’s real IP will remain unknown. This approach will allow you to visit sites blocked by the government, work with large amounts of information or surf the Internet without restrictions.
The scheme of actions in this case is based on the answers to quite logical questions:
- What is my computer IP? – learn it through the online service on our website.
- How to hide / change it? – buy a private proxy server and connect it in your browser, proxy settings or computer system parameters.
After checking your IP, it will become clear to you what data was by default. After connecting the proxy server, the digital ID of your computer will change. In this case, you will again have to ask the question: “What is my IP?” Further, you will learn it again, through our online service, to make sure that the proxy setup was successful.
What does changing the main IP address do?
By deciding to define the IP, the user will have more freedom of action on the Web. By hiding the home Internet address, the user will be able to safely access any sites, as well as act anonymously on the Internet, protecting the computer from possible attacks from the browser administration or hackers.
A common question is: “Can someone else recognize my IP?”. If you are using anonymous or elite private proxy servers then no.
Why doesn’t the IP change when you use a proxy?
A question that often flashes on the Web: “I found out my IP address, connected a proxy server, but my ip has not changed, what should I do?”. The answer is to choose high-quality anonymous proxies that support HTTPS and SOCKS communication protocols. Free proxies work through the standard HTTP protocol, in the settings of which there is often no function of hiding the user’s real address. By choosing paid proxy servers that easily work with IPv4 and IPv6, you will reliably hide the real address of your work computer and act anonymously. The website administration will only see the IP of the proxy server, which can be located in any country in the world.
Use our online service to check your IP. It’s fast, free and as accurate as possible.